Today we will get to know the building that everyone is talking about, the architectural jewel where everyone wants to visit and sneak in to take the best pictures and feel like an instagramer for a day: the Red Wall of Calpe.
Because this marvel of postmodern architecture is a picturesque work located on the seafront of Calpe, it is not just a building, it is a place that allows you to see the iconic Peñón de Ifach from its landings, something completely different and innovative.
The Red Wall by Ricardo Bofill
The Red Wall is a building created under the signature of the architect Ricardo Bofill and is located in Calpe (Alicante), more specifically in the Urbanization La Manzanera. It was built in 1973, although the architect stated that the design of the Muralla Roja was created 10 years earlier.
The aesthetics of this building go back to the artistic and architectural movement that arose in Russia in the 20th century and became especially present after the October Revolution, called Constructivism.
The building is made up of courtyards which communicate and give access to the flats. The upper part of the building contains the terraces, where the swimming pool, in the shape of a cross, the solariums and the sauna are located.
A reddish labyrinth located in front of the sea, from which you can enjoy the best views of Calpe, dreamlike panoramic views that will delight any of its visitors.
Visiting the Red Wall of Calpe
We know that it is a jewel of architecture and that few people can resist the temptation to take some photographs in the perfect setting, but in reality the Red Wall of Calpe is a building of 50 houses, and it is a private property.
For the moment we will have to wait to enjoy the Red Wall and watch it from the outside, but who knows, maybe very soon there will be guided tours that will allow us to access and take the best pictures with views of the Rock of Calpe from one of the most Instagrammable buildings in the world.
Apartments nearby the Red Wall building
Near the Ricardo Bofill’s Red Wall you can find the best villas and flats to enjoy your holidays in Calpe. Situated in the best locations of the town, all of them near the sea and with all the comforts.
Among these villas we can highlight:
– Casa Cala, a villa for 8 people, located 300 metres from the beach of Calpe, 75 kilometres from Alicante airport. A villa with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, parking and private swimming pool.
– Apartamento Manzanera, a flat for 4 people situated very close to the Cala La Manzanera cove which can be reached after a short walk, 75 kilometres from Alicante airport and a few kilometres from the neighbouring towns of Altea, Benissa and Moraira. A flat with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, parking and communal swimming pool.
– Naima, a front line beach flat for 4 people, is located on the Playa de la Fossa beach in Calpe, just 6 minutes walk from the salt lakes and 4 minutes from the Peñón de Ifach. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and swimming pool.
– Belladona, flat located 400 metres from Playa Arenal-Bol for 8 people, with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, pets allowed and private parking.
– Villa Empedrola, located just 6 km from La Fossa Beach in Calpe, with capacity for 6 people, has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, parking and private pool, pets allowed.